What We Believe
Criccieth Family Church is an evangelical church, which means that everything we believe comes from God’s holy word, the Bible. Here is a summary of what we believe.
- In the divine inspiration and infallibility of the Bible (both Old and New Testaments) as originally given and as the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- In one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit who are co-equal, co-eternal and perfect in unity.
- In the sovereignty of God in creation, providence and redemption and his righteousness in final judgement.
- In the universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall, rendering man subject to God’s righteous anger and judgement and in the existence of hell as found in the Scriptures.
- In the forgiveness of sins and freedom from the guilt, penalty ad power of sin solely through the sacrificial and atoning death of our Lord Jesus Christ in our place, and in the gift of eternal life in heaven to all who believe in him.
- In the incarnation and virgin birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, his sinless life, his miraculous ministry, his death on the cross, his bodily resurrection from the dead and his ascension into heaven to be our mediator and in the certainty of his visible and personal return in glory.
- In the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in bringing the unbeliever to salvation, in making the death of Christ effective to the individual believer, and in giving new life. We also believe that the Holy Spirit lives in the believer, making him or her more like Christ, empowering them for service, and enabling them to live as children of God
- In the one universal church which is the body of Christ to which all true believers belong.
is ‘to see unbelieving people become committed followers of Jesus Christ’ and we invite you to pray with us to this end and to visit us if you are in the area. We would welcome your ‘partnership in the gospel’.