A bit of History
Criccieth Family Church formally came into being in May 2000, when a group of Christians in the town began meeting together weekly for worship and Bible teaching.
The roots of the church are firmly in the Scripture Union Holiday Club (formerly the CSSM) which has been a feature of the summer in Criccieth since 1903. Andrew and Alison Bradley, who were leading the Holiday Club team in the nineties, moved to live in the town and were instrumental in starting monthly family services in 1999. As numbers grew, it became clear that God was establishing an English-speaking evangelical congregation of His people in the town.
From its inception CFC has met in a building known in the town as ‘The Church Rooms’. This hall used to be connected to the Church in Wales but was bought by the Holiday Club Trust in the mid nineties and re-named ‘The Holiday Club Hall’. By today the church owns the building and has made significant changes in recent years to increase its usefulness in the week to week work in the town.
Criccieth Family Church is led by a group of elders, who take responsibility for the weekly preaching and teaching ministry. There are also weekly home groups, prayer meetings, children and youth groups and other gatherings in the hall and in people’s homes.